Book Worm

Book Worm
So many books to read, so little time.

Books to read in 2018

Books to read in 2018
So many books to read, so little time.

Sunday, December 17, 2017

My idea of a perfect Christmas

A year ago, I decided to deliberately spend the holiday season outside the Philippines because I really hate the Christmas rush and Christmas traffic in Manila. All the malls and streets are just crowded with people, who, for some reason, decided to come out of the house all at the same time.

This year, I'm part of that crowd who adds to the congestion of malls. And as I stood outside the shops waiting for my friend, I started observing people. Walking around, holding shopping bags left and right, it's just too chaotic.

But it was a beautiful kind of chaos. It made me think that all these people braved all kinds of inconveniences all because they want to buy gifts for people they care about. Now, that's what the Christmas rush is all about.

And if you're going to ask me if I would choose to spend Christmas away from Manila again, I choose not to, despite the chaos. But truth to be told, Christmas abroad (and alone) was pretty boring.

šŸŽ¶ "Looking through some old photographs
Faces of friends we'll always remember
Watching busy shoppers rushing about
In the cool breeze of December
Sparkling lights, all over town
Children's carols in the airrrrr
By the Christmas tree
A shower of stardust on your hair."

No comments:

Post a Comment