Book Worm

Book Worm
So many books to read, so little time.

Books to read in 2018

Books to read in 2018
So many books to read, so little time.

Friday, December 1, 2017

#DontPanicYoureOnly30 #30sTheNew20s

Before I go to sleep, I just want to summarize what I did on my 30th Birthday.

My 30th birthday celebration is not yet over but today (or few hours ago) was my actual birthday. 

Your "actual" birthday should be something special right? Everybody is reaching out to you for a greeting, even the people that you don't really talk to (just because Facebook reminds them that it's your birthday). I remember an experiment I did years ago when I changed my birthday in October and then everybody just started greeting me a "happy birthday". At some point, I almost believed it was my birthday. I guess the day starts feeling special because everybody's attention is on you!

So going back to my 30th birthday, I knew my friends wanted to rest because our previous day was very tiring. And aside from our JOKOY show, I didn't really have anything planned on my birthday. 

So I decided to visit our CEBU TEAM. Coincidentally, they had an event for a teacher's congress. They had a booth, as well as, the rest of the afternoon to give a presentation.

I always like attending my company's events and this really piqued my interest and I wanted to see our booth and watch my officemate conduct the presentation that we rehearsed 2 days ago. The event already kept me so busy the entire day! And weird as it sounds, I was actually enjoying my time with the CEBU Team and it was really something different to do on my birthday. 

My day began when my UBER driver dropped me at the WRONG School Campus.


30 years of trying to figure out where the hell i am and where is the way. UBER Driver dropped me at a wrong school campus which was 1.2KM away from the right campus I intended to go to.
I was walking around sketchy "downtown" on my birthday and told myself that I will just pretend to be touring around.

Fortunately for me, nothing unfortunate happened while I was walking around "downtown" because apparently that was really a sketchy place to be in. 

Eventually my officemate just picked me up.


All went well as soon as I arrived the venue. I caught up with my CEBU officemates. Bonded with them. And even spent the rest of the afternoon helping out my officemate conduct his presentation. The presentation turned out to have really good evaluation remarks! Good Job Diego!


CEBU TEAM

The event ended just in time because my friends were already waiting for me. 

Birthday Dinner at SUGBO MARKET
And after dinner, we were off to watch Filipino-American comedian JOKOY perform at the Waterfront hotel. Needless to say that the moment that I started spending time with my friends, my stomach was already aching as caused by the crazy laughter that I have with my friends. The shenanigans did not end up until JOKOY started showing up on stage.  

I swear that was a great night to cap of the night. I really had fun on my birthday today. 
We were laughing so crazy. That was a very good decision to grab the opportunity to watch JOKOY in CEBU because all the tickets in Manila sold-out pretty quick!

Pretty much ended my birthday with a happy heart and soul. 


However, if there's something really bothering me is the feeling that I am carrying a fanny pack the whole day. My tummy has started to bother me and I'm really sad that I feel like I gained more weight this year rather than lose some pounds. That gym membership I mentioned early this year was pretty much useless because I never went back to the gym. UGH.

This is why I therefore conclude, I think I need to hire a personal trainer and take this change of lifestyle seriously. I need to start putting discipline in my body. As much as I try to "self-learn" everything and not spending money on language teachers, psychologists, gym trainers.. I think it's about time that I do buy a package that will allow me to be monitored by a trainer. 

I'm already 30. 

I need to take this "taking good care of yourself", seriously. 

I challenge myself. 

I want the next birthday blog post that I write next year would have had a good result of me losing weight and not being too self-conscious of how muscular my biceps are. Heh. 

Thank you Lord for my birthday. I actually wanted for the night to be prolonged. I really enjoyed this day. I still can't believe my birthday is over!! But I am still in CEBU, so the celebration is not yet over. 

GOOD NIGHT


No comments:

Post a Comment