Book Worm

Book Worm
So many books to read, so little time.

Books to read in 2018

Books to read in 2018
So many books to read, so little time.

Friday, November 10, 2017

Let's talk about Mental Health.

Today, I had a conversation with a lady who lives in New York and we talked about Mental Health.

We talked about culture and how some cultures normalize behaviors that may seem "healthy" for those group of people but is really unhealthy. Sounds like a sensitive issue when we talk about culture + mental health, huh?

Anyway, she told me to read this book: 


The title is pretty interesting. 

I guess the takeaway realization from my conversation with this lady is that I'm probably going to renew my psychometrician license even if I have to pay membership and penalty fees for not joining the Psychological Association of The Philippines when I got my license. 

I guess I'm going to renew my membership and join the organization and actually start immersing myself in the psychological community even if I am not practicing it by profession.

Well, I am sort of applying psychology in my education related work but that's why I renewed my teaching license. But for my psychometrician license, I haven't really had a job that called the need for practicing it. 

But again, after my conversation with the lady in New York, I will keep my license and maybe start attending some seminars and activities of the Psychological Association to immerse myself with awareness of mental health apart from the books and discussions I've had inside the classroom. 

Time to put that in my to do list:

APPLY MEMBERSHIP FOR PAP. 
PREPARE MATERIALS TO CLAIM GOOD MORAL CERTIFICATE.
RENEW PSYCHOMETRICIAN LICENSE.

Alright I'm going to try check this book out. 





No comments:

Post a Comment