Book Worm

Book Worm
So many books to read, so little time.

Books to read in 2018

Books to read in 2018
So many books to read, so little time.

Saturday, October 14, 2017

Why is it taking me so long to finish this damn book.

I'm investing a lot of my time finishing this book that I've been wanting to finish for ages. 

For a book that wants to teach people how to make ideas that stick, this book is sure quite lengthy.

I'm not sure if it's practicing what it preaches and how are they sure the ideas that they want to convey are going to stick to the reader when this book is just so damn long to read.

The only thing that's keeping me interested in wanting to finish the book is the "Knowledge Gap" as coincidentally they are explaining in the current chapter I'm reading on. 


Well in summary, the book explains in the introduction that there are 6 principles to remember when trying to generate ideas that "stick" to people's minds. 

S-imple
U-nexpected
C-oncreteness
C-redibility
E-motions
S-tories


Well, here's to me hoping that I remember all those principles.

I still have 3 more books to focus on. How to win friends and influence people, Good to Great & Learning first Technology Second. 

This is me just trying to make my brain bigger by stuffing in a lot of information.

I hope I also don't forget to practice my Spanish. I only have 2 more months before I renew my 1 year subscription to Babbel again. 



No comments:

Post a Comment