Book Worm

Book Worm
So many books to read, so little time.

Books to read in 2018

Books to read in 2018
So many books to read, so little time.

Monday, February 13, 2017

Another fitness new year resolution...

A year ago (2016) I posted a change of my weight for the year 2015. I started the year at around 120lbs+ and I ended the year at around 130lbs+ ... That's a 10 pound difference. I remember in 2015 I did not control any of what I ate because I was too focused on making myself feel better by not depriving myself of my cravings and food. That was the year that I simultaneously worked on passing the psychometric board examinations as well as writing my thesis. I was already giving myself a hard time, why would I deprive myself of food right?

I never thought about gaining weight until I stepped on my Wii Fit at the end of 2015 and boom. Ten pounds!!!

So early in 2016 I made a post about changing my diet, avoiding rice, eating bread, avoiding sweets. And true enough I remember getting a head ache and a piece of chocolate took the pain away.

At some point in 2016, I totally forgot about my carbo and sweets diet. But sometime in September 2016 I stepped on my Wii board again, and I didn't notice I was around 123lbs again. That without actually doing anything. I remember at some point I just stopped attending yoga classes as well.

Well this year, my tummy has been bothering me. I can feel it bulging out of my body and I can't even hold it in for a "stomach in" photo op. I paid for a 1-year subscription for Gold's Gym and maybe the money I spent is a good reminder for me to take my weight seriously for the rest of the year. 

I need to cut down on my rice intake. I'm a rice person. I'm Asian. But more than that, I really eat like a guy. I really eat A LOT. And when u was growing up, I really felt grateful that I could eat anything and not really get fat. Well, I guess I took it for granted and now it's really making me bigger and know I should do something about it before it's harder to control. 

It's really hard. I don't know how I'll do it. I don't have a constant routine or program I'm following but I guess as long as I commit myself at least 30 minutes a day of either cardio at the gym or yoga at home... I'll see some changes.. Hopefully? ... 

Well if I lost weight sometime February to September w/o actually exercising didn't realize it, then now that I do exercise it'll definitely show results right? 

I know I have to change my diet.. I've already cut down my soda intake for the past year because I know it isn't healthy. I drink water as much as possible when I go out and eat. I also avoid eating fast food too as much as possible. I guess this year I just really have to be strict about my diet and add more fruits. If there aren't any option of food then I'll just buy myself an apple or a banana.

Let's see how things play out by next month. 

Turning 30 years old in December! ... Good bye care free twenties.. Time to really take life seriously. 


No comments:

Post a Comment