Book Worm

Book Worm
So many books to read, so little time.

Books to read in 2018

Books to read in 2018
So many books to read, so little time.

Sunday, July 29, 2018

I DARE YOU: Embrace Life with Passion by Joyce Meyer


This book has really sparked the dying passion in me. I used to really be passionate and goal-oriented when it comes to chasing my dreams. But, ever since I lost my grandparents a year ago, I have never expected the impact of losing them would make in my life. For the past year I have completely stopped chasing anything.

I used to always read about passion. How prestigious leaders tell you to pursue your passion. How self-help and career books tell about pursuing your passion so you won’t have to work every day in your life. However, this book by Joyce Meyers tells a different kind of perspective when it comes to embracing your life with passion. It incorporates the role of God in our lives.



WHAT DOES GOD WANT ME TO DO?

 As I have mentioned, I have stopped chasing anything for the past 12 months. I have literally gone tired of rejections and tired of things not going the way as I would have wanted and imagined it to be. That was the time I got really really tired of making any plans in my life. Everything was just a disappointment and contributed to my anxiety, depression and life frustrations. So what’s the point of planning? The only plan I generally make for the past year is what I was going to do 2-3 days from now.

But thanks to Joyce Meyer, she had reminded me to include God in the process of making plans in my life. It’s about time that I listen to what God really wants to say. That maybe, my previous plans never really pushed through because it isn’t what God wanted me to do. I have to learn to surrender and remind myself that it’s always His will thy will be done.

“We need to be able to celebrate each day of our lives no matter the circumstances.” - This is what Joyce Meyer tells us.

CELEBRATE EACH DAY because we are here to enjoy God and to do his will.

God has a plan and it is different from each of us. So for us to know if we are on the right track of doing His will we should learn to pray before making plans and NOT plan first and then pray that God will fulfill everything according to OUR plan. That’s not how things work. And if we keep on insisting on pushing through with our own plan, He will just keep on correcting it because HIS PLAN is always BETTER than ours.

Though it doesn’t mean we have to stop chasing our dreams. We just need to acknowledge the role of God while we chase our dreams - involve God every step of the way.

“We often get caught up in trying to work out the meaning of things and never quite accepted the fact that trusting God means we will always have unanswered questions.”

I think this is what happened to me when I came back home last year from Canada. I thought of it as God telling me to stay in the Philippines and keeping me from planning anything that involves going out of the country. But looking forward to traveling and going on a hiatus has always been my motivation in anything I plan for the long term. And not planning anything long term feels like a dead end to me. What should motivate me now? On another note, I was able to do a lot of things here in the Philippines and take on commitments since I don’t have “anything better to do” anymore.

Joyce Meyer’s motto “Ask God for anything what you want, but be content with what He gives you.”

Joyce Meyer tells us that we need to trust that God’s choice is always the best and that we won‘t always understand everything that God does. It’s like a relationship between a toddler and a parent. A toddler doesn’t understand everything that the parent does and there will be times where the parent cannot explain to their toddler why they need to do things that they do. The toddler just learns to trust the parent.

Trust that His plans are always the best. God will turn your pain into gain and your mess into a miracle.
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.” ‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭29:11-13‬ ‭NIV‬‬

No comments:

Post a Comment