Book Worm

Book Worm
So many books to read, so little time.

Books to read in 2018

Books to read in 2018
So many books to read, so little time.

Sunday, October 5, 2014

How to make work-life balance work.


It's a holiday today and for the past months since February of this year I have been working full-time in my university as compared to my life last year when I was a full-time Mooc-er. 

I am supposed to start writing my M.A. thesis today but I put it off by jumping back to my old life and checking up on my academic twitter, academic blog, academic facebook, mooc-friends, and also browsing Ted Talks. 

Ever since I started working full-time in my university you would obviously observe the frequency drop of my online activity. Oh how I miss learning random but meaningful things... Now that I have a full-time job, the only learning that happens are things that are actually related on how to perform my "job task" correctly. When I tweet to my online friend from Australia, Tanya Lau (she is also taking MA and doing her thesis) the only update I have on my thesis is telling her that... "Life got in the way..."

Now that I have full-time job... I can totally relate to this Ted Talk of Nigel Marsh about Work-Life Balance.

"I found it quite easy to balance work and life, when I didn't have work" - Nigel Marsh

Nigel Marsh:  Work Life Balance is an Ongoing Battle

"If you don't design your life, someone else will design it for you, and you may just not like their idea of balance."

The art and skill of work-life balance is difficult to master, but I have been in my job for about only 8 months... So I think I'm picking up very quick with the balance. 

On other news, my university is holding a Ted Talk convention on January 2015!!

Definitely coming... 





No comments:

Post a Comment