Book Worm

Book Worm
So many books to read, so little time.

Books to read in 2018

Books to read in 2018
So many books to read, so little time.

Friday, January 3, 2014

Sebastian Thrun DLD Conference speech January 2012

All along I've been reading about MOOCs and I always come across articles quoting Sebastian Thrun's conference and announcing giving up tenure to focus on a new life project.

Even though to date he has given up on his initial mission, I decided to look for the video of the conference and watch it myself.

His speech made me think I guess I've chosen the right path now. This is my passion. The education industry is where I belong. Only a few of my friends and I have common interests now, but it doesn't matter. I'm officially calling myself an academic (or aspiring to be one). I love what I'm doing and my involvement in global matters in education. I have a long way to go but I know I've found my place.

"I started to realize we are setting our students not for success but for failure" - Thrun


No comments:

Post a Comment