Book Worm

Book Worm
So many books to read, so little time.

Books to read in 2018

Books to read in 2018
So many books to read, so little time.

Monday, March 19, 2018

Focus on Here and Now: Gestalt Therapy


"The idea is to avoid dwelling on the past or anxiously anticipating the future."

I am currently trying to calm myself by applying the principles of Gestalt theory. 

Focusing on the "Here and Now". 

I have fallen of the grid from my Viber, Facebook and Instagram for more than a week already. Some of my friends have had difficulty trying to reach out to me. Some of my friends were able to find ways to do so. I am still thinking how I would maximize the benefits of social media but at the same time falling of the grid and not having to reply to every single people who tries to reach out. 

I want to live in the moment.

I want to stop dwelling on things that happened in the past.

I want to stop worrying on things that might or might not happen in the future. 

I want to live in the now and conquer life one day at the time.

I want to focus on things that I can control and submit to God the things that I cannot.

I pray to God that I may have the wisdom to know the difference. 



http://www.minddisorders.com/Flu-Inv/Gestalt-therapy.html

Important thoughts to put in my journal. 

1) Be aware of what I am doing.

2) Be aware how I am doing it.

3) Be aware how to change myself

4) Learn to accept and value myself.



No comments:

Post a Comment