Book Worm

Book Worm
So many books to read, so little time.

Books to read in 2018

Books to read in 2018
So many books to read, so little time.

Thursday, February 9, 2017

Academic Readings

Okay, so when I graduated graduate school I kinda said "Good-bye Academe". But let's face it, the whole point of taking a Master's Degree in Teaching and Learning is basically telling me I'm stuck in the Academic setting for life. And let's admit it... I actually don't really have a problem with that.

But let's try to organize my goals for now especially there's no brick and mortar classroom that will dictate me with deadlines any longer.

I need to live up to my Master's degree and constantly updating myself and filling my head with knowledge. Things that I will need to show people that hey, I'm an MA graduate.

Hello Academic Literature... yet again.

So what are the things right now that I need to look into and by priority.

1) Curriculum Evaluation - I need to read on frameworks and create my own tool on how to evaluate a curriculum. Since I am in the industry of providing curriculum to schools, I need to work on helping my colleagues and stakeholders how to evaluate their current curriculum. Huge Priority.

2) Project-Based Learning - At the same time, we are going towards implementing project-based learning and the need to train teachers that PBL does not necessarily mean just providing students with projects. I need to read more on this and as well as identifying how we can apply this in the current curriculum.

3) Educational Technology trends in the academe - I need to take time and go back to my twitter feed and fill my Twitter with Educational Technology topics rather than personal conversations. I need to dig into my newsfeed amidst the controversial political topics and focus on what exactly is happening in the EdTech. This is going to be hard because I will be distracted by current needs but luckily I will be attending an EdTech Expo on February 21-22, 2017 therefore at least I will be surrounded by people who are EdTech enthusiasts as well.

Have to give myself 30 minutes for now, then off to the gym I go.


No comments:

Post a Comment