Book Worm

Book Worm
So many books to read, so little time.

Books to read in 2018

Books to read in 2018
So many books to read, so little time.

Friday, September 9, 2016

Empathy.



I decided I wanted to hide from society and left all the group chats I was part of. Growing up is hard because your group of friends and you may grow up in different ways and enter different paths of life.

I have to unplug for a moment and discern the people in my life. 


I can only afford a few people into my life. Maybe I need to go through the list and make room for people much deserving.

...

Hiatus.

Unplugging.

Staying away from society...


"Self-absorption in all its forms kills empathy, let alone compassion. When we focus on ourselves, our world contracts as our problems and preoccupations loom large. But when we focus on others, our world expands. Our own problems drift to the periphery of the mind and so seem smaller, and we increase our capacity for connection - or compassionate action."

Daniel Goleman, Social Intelligence: The New Science of Human Relationships

No comments:

Post a Comment