Book Worm

Book Worm
So many books to read, so little time.

Books to read in 2018

Books to read in 2018
So many books to read, so little time.

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Ted Talks and Learning Spanish

My graduate school friend (who was also a Spanish Professor) reminded me that I can listen to Ted Talks in Spanish. I suddenly remember that it has been a long time since I watched TED Talks and it would also be helpful for me to listen to Spanish TED Talks and at the same time learn a new idea.

Unfortunately the Spanish language feature in the TED Talk site only meant that the text would be converted to Spanish but the speakers weren't really talking in Español, at all! LOL But it did have Spanish subtitles so I ended up just listening to the talks in English and then reading the transcript.

It still contributes to my learning of a new language. I've been very good in reading in Español already. Okay maybe not VERY good, but in my own standard, I can recognize words comfortably already! I just need to get use to the conjugations and the forms of the verbs (past, present, future tenses). Grammar is such so hard.

But anyway, it does give me also an opportunity to discover and listen to new TED Talks :)

Below are my newest TED faves. .

El ingrediente mágico que da vida a las películas de Pixar




El secreto de una gran charla TED



La guía nerd para aprender de todo en línea



Cómo mantener la calma cuando se sabe que se va a estar estresado




10 reglas para conversar mejor





This one is not a TED Talk but a great reminder to 
focus on the good things that are happening in your life.

 

Learn to Focus on the Right Things
"Srikumar Rao, author of Happiness at Work, says to look with appreciation on the things you do have, and to assess what you really need in life."



So many great talks! I need to listen to them again plus read the transcript in Spanish so that I'll be hitting two birds in one stone: Keeping in mind their beautiful and inspiring tips AND practice myself in getting use to the Spanish language. I know I'm only getting better in reading rather in writing or speaking, but this is a great start. 

No comments:

Post a Comment