Book Worm

Book Worm
So many books to read, so little time.

Books to read in 2018

Books to read in 2018
So many books to read, so little time.

Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Stepping out of my comfort zone


Aside from learning español, I'm trying to develop my sales skills. I really have not much experience on sales talks aside from selling tutorial services and curriculum products, which are both in the lines of education. Of course I'm a master in the education industry and there's a lot to say about it that would help me sell our products and services.

But more money is in the sales, so I think it's about time to work on my hidden talents and hone that a bit. 

I'm going to start with phone calls. I applied for this freelance job that only requires me to call a bunch of leads and try to talk into them in availing of a certain service. 

I have no sales experience but I think coming from a humanities background it's all in the application of psychological practices. The psychology of persuasion, manipulation and influence. I think I can pretty much pull this off right?

A friend who is hooking me up for this gig asked me if I was "hungry to sell". I told her, "Well, I'm hungry for money.. That's enough motivation isn't it?". I don't wanna lie and pretend that I got this. I need to be transparent that I seriously have no idea how to do this but letting you know I'm so eager to learn and develop this skill. 

I have a lot of travel plans after I officially commence my life after graduate school. That's why I need a lot of mollah. So apart from honing my sales skills, I need the money to travel. It is my graduation gift for myself as I enjoy the freedom from the academe. 

But sales. I've long avoided that line of work. Most of the time the work that I venture into is either in writing or in teaching.

However, I am in psychology, aren't I? I have been using my "applied psychology" when meeting new people "i.e. Dale Carnegie books" ... I haven't fully mastered it but I'm on the right track right? 

My social skills, psychological background, motivation, drive and learning curve are all the basic advantage I need. 

Just give me this chance, please !!! :P

No comments:

Post a Comment