My iBooks Collection

My iBooks Collection
My iBooks Collection: Some of my favorite books!

Tuesday, March 29, 2016

E-learning Professional Track

My blog posts in 2013 & 2014 says that I found my calling in the Academic Career path, but for the past years during the course of my thesis I sort of gave up (or rather changed the course) on my academic career path. I realized that it really wasn't what I was called for. I like research, but its not something I would want to make a living for the rest of my life, I figured.

What is that one thing that I was recognized for when I was but a child?

What kind of recognition did I get when I graduated elementary?

What was that one behavior did my mom scold me at when I was doing my homework?

What subjects in highschool and college did I most find exciting?

Which courses in college and gradschool did I believe I was so so so great at?

Educational Technology.

My skills in computer and how I apply it in my life has always been a part of me. Whether my parents approved or not I always used computer to help my life become more convenient.

Need to find the meaning of words? I don't want to open a dictionary, we have encarta software.

I still like research but it would only be a portion of my career growth, we need research everywhere anyway.

Given the trends in technology I found myself in the e-learning industry and I know that my career was meant to be an e-learning professional.

I have given up on the academic career long before I finished my masters. Graduate school really does test your patience. We don't all have to be Phd's or academics. There are a lot of jobs that do not exist yet. There are too many academics already.

Anyway I still have a lot of things to do in revising my thesis paper... I just had to put it on record that my career track is no longer to be an academic doing research all her life... I would do research, but that's not the only thing I will be doing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment