Book Worm

Book Worm
So many books to read, so little time.

Books to read in 2018

Books to read in 2018
So many books to read, so little time.

Tuesday, March 29, 2016

E-learning Professional Track

My blog posts in 2013 & 2014 says that I found my calling in the Academic Career path, but for the past years during the course of my thesis I sort of gave up (or rather changed the course) on my academic career path. I realized that it really wasn't what I was called for. I like research, but its not something I would want to make a living for the rest of my life, I figured.

What is that one thing that I was recognized for when I was but a child?

What kind of recognition did I get when I graduated elementary?

What was that one behavior did my mom scold me at when I was doing my homework?

What subjects in highschool and college did I most find exciting?

Which courses in college and gradschool did I believe I was so so so great at?

Educational Technology.

My skills in computer and how I apply it in my life has always been a part of me. Whether my parents approved or not I always used computer to help my life become more convenient.

Need to find the meaning of words? I don't want to open a dictionary, we have encarta software.

I still like research but it would only be a portion of my career growth, we need research everywhere anyway.

Given the trends in technology I found myself in the e-learning industry and I know that my career was meant to be an e-learning professional.

I have given up on the academic career long before I finished my masters. Graduate school really does test your patience. We don't all have to be Phd's or academics. There are a lot of jobs that do not exist yet. There are too many academics already.

Anyway I still have a lot of things to do in revising my thesis paper... I just had to put it on record that my career track is no longer to be an academic doing research all her life... I would do research, but that's not the only thing I will be doing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment