Book Worm

Book Worm
So many books to read, so little time.

Books to read in 2018

Books to read in 2018
So many books to read, so little time.

Thursday, January 1, 2015

HAPPY NEW YEAR!! #2015 #TedTalk #TEDxDLSU





What an awesome way to end the first day of the year.

An invitation to attend a TED TALK!!

Ever since I discovered TED videos in 2013 during my hiatus (or what Stefan Sagmeister would call 'Power of Time Off'), I have always dreamt of someday being in the audience.  Of course it is international so I've actually always wondered how do you attend these events. As I checked the website I saw that you pay a large amount of money to attend an actual TED Conference (not to mention the plane tickets to go to the venue as well). 

Until one day a friend of mine said that DLSU is actually hosting a TEDxEvent!!! 

The slots were really limited with only 100 participants to be chosen. I really got scared of the chances especially it wasn't on a first come first serve basis but it was based on an application form you submit. 

I don't remember what I wrote there (I sure now wished I kept a screen shot of it) but what's important right now actually is that I can't believe I actually got chosen to watch this rare event!!!!!!!!!!!


I literally screamed when I saw this email and my mom scolded me because she thought something went wrong. I just joyfully told her that I got chosen to watch TED!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh the simple joys of those who are always in a pursuit of knowledge, meaningful information and #IdeasWorthSpreading


No comments:

Post a Comment