My iBooks Collection

My iBooks Collection
My iBooks Collection: Some of my favorite books!

Friday, January 3, 2014

Sebastian Thrun DLD Conference speech January 2012

All along I've been reading about MOOCs and I always come across articles quoting Sebastian Thrun's conference and announcing giving up tenure to focus on a new life project.

Even though to date he has given up on his initial mission, I decided to look for the video of the conference and watch it myself.

His speech made me think I guess I've chosen the right path now. This is my passion. The education industry is where I belong. Only a few of my friends and I have common interests now, but it doesn't matter. I'm officially calling myself an academic (or aspiring to be one). I love what I'm doing and my involvement in global matters in education. I have a long way to go but I know I've found my place.

"I started to realize we are setting our students not for success but for failure" - Thrun


No comments:

Post a Comment